Whole Artist: The Things I Need
This layered collaboration between artist, chef, writing responder, and the dinner guest, is an experiential dining event housed in the artist's private space.
Special Thanks to artists Sharon Engelstein and Aaron Parazette for hosting us in their amazing home and studio.
- Cocktail: Red Russian
- Amuse Bouche: Buckwheat blini, duck prosciutto, melon caviar, chia
- Sweet potato gnocchi and brussel sprouts, arugula pecan pesto, truffle marshmallow (Paired w/ J. Lohr 2009 Arroyo Seco Chardonnay)
- Pear and pork belly dumpling soup (Paired w/ Les Mugues Balandran Rhone Rose 2010)
- Mustards and Arugula, roast ghost pumpkin, aged cheddar, honey vinaigrette, spiced pepitas (Paired w/ Monte Antico Toscano Sangiovese 2007)
- Sardines in escabeche, warm potato and long bean salad, pickled okra (Paired w/ Menguante Garnacha 2008 Spain)
- Chocolate basil cake, meyer lemon marshmallow, ganache drips, and Ice Cream Pairing by Fat Cat Creamery