Sound Opinions Supper Menu
Music inspires food on Friday June 19th at an undisclosed location.
Amuse: Cheese Sampling including cheeses from Saxon Homestead Creamery in Cleveland, WI and other fine cheeses.
Junior Wells and Buddy Guy: Hoodoo Man Blues
- Memphis pulled pork, black bean waffle, tomato rhubarb ‘que sauce, pickled carrot and rhubarb relish
Rhubarb from Seedling Growers: Michigan, Pork: Iowa.
Paired w/ Blanc de Noir from Wilhelmshof, Germany
Rhubarb Sorbet Refresher
Curtis Mayfield: Superfly
- Chicken “confit” and greens Agnolotti, chicken and greens roulade, chicken consomme
Chef-butchered chicken from Janey’s Farm: IN, spigarello greens from Green Acres Farm: IN, green garlic from Nichols Farm: IL
Paired w/ Weingut Keller 2007 “Von der Fels” Riesling
Earl Grey and Lemon Refresher
Common: Like Water for Chocolate
- Ancho and cacao roasted beets, onions, carrots, and english peas, w/ watercress salad
English Peas from Mick Klug Farm: MI, Spring Onions from Nichols Farm: IL.
Paired w/ Olson Ogden Syrah, 2005
Cucumber Oregano Refresher
Naked Raygun: Throb Throb
- Fennel and herb crusted hanger steak, braised marrow, potato terrine, oyster mushroom ragout
Hanger steak and marrow bones from Heartland Meat: IL, Oyster mushrooms from River Valley Ranch: WI. Tomatoes from Iron Creek farm: Michigan.
Paired w/ Scherrer “Zinfandoodle”, NV V6.7
Fennel Mint Refresher
Mavis Staples: We’ll Never Turn back
- Juneberry cobbler, crème frache ice cream
Chef-harvested juneberries: Chicago.
Paired w/ 1999 Schwibinger Pinot Gris, Auslese
Coffee and Chicory